Saturday 4 July 2009

For the first time

In the past week or so I've been doing things I've never done before.

1. Trying on an old lady dress and liking the look of it





This was when I was browsing charity shops with Sue. Sue liked the collar and I liked the print. But as much as I advocate for wearing whatever the hell you want, there are times when you have to conclude that some other super fabulous girl is more likely to look better in a dress than you. So I left it. Maybe I'll see it some day on a fashion blog, fulfilling its intended purpose of being totally awesome.

2. Visiting the Tower of London


White enamel flower necklace - market stall at the Curve
Baby blue T-shirt - Threadless.com
Salmon pink shorts - H&M
Suede sling bag - Esprit

I felt like an indecisive baby shower. :D

3. Running around a fountain in a party dress


Bright pink racerback bra - Marks & Spencer
Absurd ivory party dress - Pia Jensen Malmo via Bang Bang Clothing Exchange
Pink and white flip-flops - Vincci

This fountain on the South Bank is composed of four squares quadrisected by walls of water which turn on and off at intervals. You can dash in while a wall is down and wait till the water shoots up again to surround you! Most exciting.

Sadly I slipped and fell on my butt while dashing in. My back hurts. :( As a Malaysian I'm inured to the sight of flip-flops on the feets of the masses, but I am now coming around to the view that wearing flip-flops anywhere except on a beach is a fashion faux pas. Because very few flip-flops are made with grippy soles! At least on the beach the sand is a natural friction-provider.

4. Going out er without a bra


White enamel flower necklace - market stall at the Curve
White lace tank top worn back to front - Primark
Grey dress with fan print - Leather Lane market
Pink and white flip-flops - Vincci


Um, I know, it is a bit shocking. It's because this dress does not really fit me: it is too tight around the bust. I knew this when I bought it but I bought it anyway because I loved the print so much.



I realised the overly-tight-bodice problem was solved if I did away with the extra padding provided by a bra. It's still pretty tight, but it fits better. And you can't tell anyway!

5. Eating a red velvet cupcake from Hummingbird Bakery



Happy (belated) Independence Day to US-ians!

- Zen

No comments: