Saturday 7 November 2009

What my grandmother wore...

I'm finally making a new post! Felt like it was about time I uploaded some of my summer photos before winter comes>_<. Anyway... grandmother was some sort of fashionista in her younger days! She took out some of her old clothes and the only ones who could fit into them were my cousin and my sister, unsurprising as I did not inheirit the mini-genes of the family. So after dinner (maybe the dresses would not have been so tight if we had done the photoshoot before dinner?) we found a spot at my aunt's place n started our retro shoot! If only there were the black n white photos to complement the shoot...I'm sure my gran would have rocked-out the clothes with all the retro hair and all! First up is my cousin! Aww still so young and not yet into cam-whoring...it's a slippery slope I tell you! We have high hopes for this one...! If only we could give her some beehive hair and sunglasses...i'm trying to imagine my grandmother wearing this>_<. Would this be wearable today? I don't think I could pull it off, but I rememeber my aunt raided my grandmother's stash a couple of years back cos she was attending some retro class reunion. I wonder what she wore... #1 The orange goldfish... giving me a Chinese New Year vibe?

#2 by cuz. I think she's starting to feel less afraid of the camera now (it wasn't even a big flashy DSLR sort...wish I owned a better camera though...will have to reshoot when we get an upgrade). I'm still not a fan of floral prints...and have never really like to wear green since I turned green once when i was really sick(no kidding!). What do you think?

#3 and here emerges the sister!
This cheongsum was so mini-fit that she couldn't sit in it. Unbelievable! I knew my grandmother was petit but too be smaller than my sister!!!

#4 This is my favourite dress out of the night! 1) because it's in navy blue 2) it has a cute row of NAVY BLUE buttons 3) cute cut!


#5 would this be a mod dress? it has little pockets at the top and a bow. Sweet! #6 Star Trek tribute? We tied the bow in the front although I think it should be at the back. This dress is interesting...hmmmm...
Part 2 coming soon! Watch this space...

- Sam

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

oh man I'd love to have met your grandma when she was in her 20s!

-alvin

nnyleus said...

that's ur sister? omg i couldn't recognise her at first! i love the orange star trekkie one. In trend!!!!