Wednesday 25 November 2009

Clothes I actually do own

After a frenzied spree of indulging in crass materialism in a shopping mall or two!

I used not to see the point of trompe l'oeil, but ever since I saw this pattern for Schiaparelli's Bowknot Sweater via Ravelry, I've been slowly coming around to it ...


Classy, eh?

So when Susie Bubble posted about Rosalind Keepe's Trompe L'Oeil collection for Oasis, I was ripe for conversion. I covet nearly everything in the collection! It's the combination of black and white (my favourite lack-of-colour palette!) and cartoonishly thick lines that enchants.

My favourite piece is this jacket/cardigan.


It's so cute!

I was therefore quite pleased to pick up this white trompe l'oeil tank top for RM25. It's not to say cheap for a tank top, but as long as I manage to keep it away from destructive curries, this simple white top is something I'll be wearing again and again.

White trompe l'oeil tank top - P & Co.; black jacket - Topshop; grey skirt - Colours; cuffed black socks - Isetan; red patent shoes - Clarks


I've been coveting this dress for a while. I realise it looks extremely similar to this grey dress with fluorescent yellow letters -- the similarity not reduced by the fact that I wore exactly the same belt over it -- but hey, I know what I like. And it was on sale!

Print shift dress - Message; black patent belt - Far East Plaza; bag - Vincci; cheapo white socks - Scarlet via Jusco; red patent shoes - Clarks

Anyway, you can never have too many shift dresses with quirky prints and pockets, IMO.


The bag is a Very Serious Bag which I'm hoping to be able to use for work. I like the shape and the texture is lovely, but I wonder if it might not be too heavy. It's all right now, when I don't do too much walking, but it may turn out to be too unkind on the shoulders when I return to London.


Finally, poyo picture for no reason.


I found my dad's Ralph Lauren polo shirt hanging out in my wardrobe one day and decided to try it on. Discovery: the only way to make an excessively large polo shirt look cool on you is to pose in a funny way.

And even then it might not work!

- Zen

2 comments:

Sue said...

I liked the Ralph Lauren polo shirt photo. It goes well with the shoes!

stacyinsaddleshoes said...

I love the white socks with those mary janes.Where did you wear that.
You look cute in white socks like that.