Wednesday 17 June 2009

A Bag and a New Hairdo

Most Asians will know their counterfeits from the originals like, uh how they can tell Basmati from Jasime rice. A/AB grade counterfeits are usually found in street markets whereby one can easily tell it is a fake whereas A+ to ultrA to 1:1 grades are rarer as the grade increases. The same goes for the degree in quality. You would find some 1:1 counterfeits adhering strictly to the originals where for instance, a Louis Vuitton leather handle will be made from imported cow leather which will turn into a golden honey brown colour to 'simulate' a real LV bag as all authentic LV leather bags change colour due to oxidixation of the cowhide. Those come at a really high price as well and are not really worth the investment. If you are willing to go for a high grade counterfeit, why don't you save up a little bit more to get yourself an authentic one? Seriously, I think you think you deserve the real deal too if you want it so badly.

Photobucket

Source
(From an Andy Warhol exhibition in Korea, quite brilliant don't you think?)

A/AB grade imitations can be pretty entertaining too. Just like this one.

Photobucket

A Vivienne Westwood inspired bag which I find really cute and pretty and wouldn't mind buying one myself. It's only 38,000 KRW (approximately £18) and it looks chic. Found here. The one thing I found real funny was how they gave the brand Vivienne Westwood a new acronym and logo.

Photobucket

For those of you who are not familiar with museums in London, the V&A logo is the official logo of the Victoria and Albert Museum in South Kensington.

Photobucket

Well, to be fair the V&A is one of coolest museums around and also has a piece of Vivienne Westwood and Comme des Garçons in their fashion exhibition so I guess Dame Westwood would not mind.

Oh and one of the things that caught my eye today was this new hairdo craze in Korea which was inspired by Kim Nam Joo from
Queen of Housewives. (Pssst, it is a must watch!)

Photobucket

I can't quite explain the hairdo but have a look yourself.

Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Honestly, I didn't really think that that look could be done with a curler but on the contrary. I guess I don't really mind the look, I mean c'mon Koreans can pull off any type of faux pas but still look good, not that I dare say this is one of them because I really liked it on Kim Nam Joo. Whether I can pull that look off myself is another story but what do you think? Do you like it or hate it? It would be interesting to see this look on a friend one day. Hair should be more interesting anyways, I am kind of sick and tired of having the Just-Out-of-Bed look always in style or the other curls/straight/messy/why-can't-hairstyles-be-more-innovative-other-than-a-bob-or-a-fringe-look.

- Sue



No comments: